How To Prepare For Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal treatments are a fast, easy and safe way to permanently remove unwanted hair and avoid new hair growth in treated areas. But, if you don’t know how to prepare for laser hair removal appointments, you may not enjoy all the benefits.
5 Steps to Prep for Laser Hair Removal Treatments
First, no blog post can definitively explain everything you need to do to prepare for a permanent hair removal appointment. We are all different and what you need to do to prep may be different from what someone else needs to do.
It is crucial that you talk to your doctor, dermatologist or aesthetician prior to treatment and preparing for it. If you are not given a consultation on how to get ready at least four weeks prior to your appointment, find another laser technician.
- Avoid Sun Exposure, Tanning Beds and Sunless Tanners – This is why, for laser hair removal in Toronto, many choose to get it done in winter.
- No Plucking, Waxing or Bleaching – They can all make the laser treatment less effective.
- Shave the Area to be Treated – Be sure to shave no more than two days ahead of the appointment or according to what was discussed in your consultation. Longer hair follicles can cause some painful sensations during treatment.
- Cleanse Your Skin – The treatment area should be clean and free of makeup, lotions, creams and deodorant.
- Wear Loose-Fitting Clothing – Do this for two reasons. First, depending on your skin type, your skin may be sensitive following treatment and tight-fitting clothing can irritate it. Also, a cream may be applied after treatment to help soothe your skin. Tight clothing might absorb it and reduce its effectiveness.
If you liked this post, take a look at our recent article titled “Venus Freeze: How Long Does it Last”.